Saturday 25 January 2014

Author Interview: Tina Smith

Today we are featuring Author Tina Smith She is Here with us and we will be having a lot of chit-chat but first let me introduce you to her

Author Tina Smith

Tina Smith lives in Adelaide South Australia. Having spent most of her life as an un-diagnosed introvert in country N.S.W. She is the Author of four books in the award nominated paranormal series, Wolf Sirens. She is a poet and a qualified Naturopath and Herbalist. She has a broad range of qualifications, including Iridology and Massage. But her main passion in life has always been writing. Tina inspires, entertains and examines life. She writes award nominated poetry and paranormal, romantic and suspense fueled tales about cursed wolves. She learnt to shoot for Wolf Sirens and she is currently obsessed with her writing. Night is the time her creative juices flow and she loves exploring the lives of her protagonist's within the paranormal genre under the light of the moon. She is driven to write and connect with readers through her mad-capped imagination - you could say it's a calling... Dawn In Shade, the fifth novel in the series, will be released later 2014.Please leave reviews online.

Interview

Aihik Saha

  • Tell us something about your book?


  • Wolf Sirens is a romance series about cursed Demigods in a town called Shade. It’s paranormal with a lot of depth, angst and action which you either love or hate.

  • What inspires your hyperactive mind to dish out such feisty novels?


  • Thanks, I look for inspiration everywhere. The original idea came from an unmet childhood desire for strong female characters in literature and television that I Wanted as role models.

  • How did you come up with such a beautiful title?


  • Once again thank you. I played around with words, I love words. I wanted to be original but still be true to the story. I probably came up with it when I was more than halfway done writing the first book. It was a perfect word combo.

  • Tell us about the cover and how it came to be?


  • I was pretty cash strapped so I sourced the images myself. I knew someone who knew someone who could do what I wanted with them and another friend of mine chose the font and the rest is history!

  • What can you tell us about Lila Crain? How is she different from other characters?


  • Lila is often viewed as a spoilt and cold hearted character. I sympathize with her. Her Brother is a jerk and her parents just divorced, she is ignored and her father has run off with another woman. She’s had a hard time of it in the city and she has a lot of growing up to do. She grows a lot throughout the first book and this theme continues with varying degree throughout the series. Ultimately she is Artemis, and Artemis takes no prisoners.

  • What’s the reason for your obsession with wolves?


  • I don’t know really. Though I am a long standing dog lover. I have thought about it before and the canine species is just so like us in a lot of ways. They are good company. Affectionate, loyal and nearly always in a pleasant mood.

  • Would you like to try any other genre in future?


  • Yes definitely. I have thought about writing N/A and plain Y/A too. I have to write a short PN story for an anthology that I am organizing with other authors, due out late next year. Contact me if you are an interested Author!

  • Please tell us something about Dusk in Shade?


  • Be prepared as the pace picks up. Expect more wolves, hunters and action! There’s more tension, red herrings and super surprises than ever before!Everything builds to a huge mega climax. You should be on the edge of your seat. It’s the regular roller coaster but super charged as Lila faces a new enemy.

  • What connects your supernatural characters to real world?


  • The series progresses to become slightly more skewed to fantasy. However the first 4 books are very paranormal. Shade (the setting) is very real, all the characters are everyday people, it just so happens that a few are infected with wolf venom and fewer still are afflicted with Artemis’ curse. And I love the angst that that brings of covering up a supernatural lifestyle and hiding it from the real world.

  • When did you start your tryst with literature?


  • I have always been a writer at heart. Perhaps I didn’t always consciously know it. I always wrote poems and kept journals. I started to write WS1 when I was about 27. I think I was ready to open up a creative vein and brave enough to say here is my work. Because your first novel is really just your heart on a plate.

  • Are you a plotter or a pantser?


  • Pantser, all the way. Though I should admit that I do think about things either very consciously or unconsciously, heaps. As a result I seem very quiet but then I can shock you with a very well thought out idea.

  • Did your novel take you in any unexpected direction, something completely off what you had planned?


  • No. Like I said I don’t plan. I had a feeling and an idea, a lot of drive and inspiration. I reworked characters and went over paragraphs until I had it right, but my main motivation remained the same. Wolves, angst, romance and strong quirky dynamic characters. Hopefully I achieved that.

  • What do you consider the most important part of a good story?


  • The connection and the love between the characters. I like a lot of description and I love a lot of desire. That’s what keeps me connected and reading late into the night.

  • How much do the characters in your novel reflect you or people that you know in your real life?


  • Probably more than I would like to admit. I think you should write what you know. When people criticize my characters and plot, I do take it a little hard because of that but at the same time I know I can stand solid in the fact that they might not like it or think its plausible or right but I have had those moments and I know those characters, so no amount of doubt thrown my way can stop my belief in the fact that I wrote a good story.

  • What do you like to do when you're not writing?


  • I’m on the computer marketing or cooking dinner or walking the dog. I also work in retail and I am wrapping up my studies.

  • What other some books are you coming up with?


  • I have an interest in sci-fi, fairytales and New Adult. I think my heart is in Young Adult but I will be writing some more paranormal for my Writers Co-op Anthology novel. Vampires or aliens might be in the cards.

  • Any message you want to give to your readers?


  • If you read and like Wolf Sirens then please review it. Mainly so that others can see that the book is worth picking up and reading. Word of mouth is important to any novels success. Without your great reviews I wouldn’t be where I am now and for that I am very, very grateful and able to bring you more of what I love to do.
    Thank you for being with us today

    Forbidden: Discover the Legend

    Misunderstood seventeen year old Lila Crain unwillingly moves to the foreboding town of Shade, prepared to face her punishment - Shade High. But she can't begin to anticipate the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. The dark and charismatic Reid has a wolfish grin and amber eyes that would make any girl blush and he has his sights set on the new girl in school. Reid's stunning friends - including icy top dog Sam - invite Lila into their clique. Suspicious, yet flattered by their attention she answers the intriguing call like a moth to a flame. Thrillingly introduced to the local nightlife by the enigmatic group, Lila finally feels like she belongs. But her newly found friendships threaten to turn sour when she unwittingly develops feelings for the leader's off-limits boyfriend, Sky. Tensions rise further when a quirky local named Cresida warns Lila to stay away from the clique at all costs. Undeterred, she is irresistibly drawn to uncover the truth behind their mysterious lifestyle. Lila unwittingly starts off a chain of events that will forever alter fate for both hunter and hunted as she learns they have been waiting for her... Inspired by the legend of the femme fatale goddess, Artemis, Wolf Sirens is a compelling gothic masterpiece of paranormal romance. Forbidden, Fever, Night Fall and the soon to be released Dusk in Shade - all continue the tale of Lila Crain, the heroine with the chip on her shoulder, on an epic paranormal journey in which forbidden love threatens to destroy the underworld.

    Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn (Wolf Sirens #2)

    Eternally Cursed to Love & Not Purely Desire… Temperatures rise as the flames of longing still burn in the thrilling sequel to Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The legend continues. Apollo, god of deadly plague, conspires to undo his sister’s legacy. The wolves exist between two worlds, one in the town another in the forest. Prophecy says hunters and wolves are cursed to a mutual attraction. Increasingly, each successive slayer becomes more alluring to the wolf. The predestined enemies struggle, to both resist and contain their fierce rivalry in a conflict powerful enough to tear two worlds apart. A shadow has fallen over the heartlands of myth and reality. The chosen is reborn broken-hearted, in the scorching embers of grief. Devastated, Lila trains tirelessly as the assassin. She must submit to deliver justice and protect the innocent of Shade. But is it love or revenge which motivates her? Will the huntress or her heart prevail? Breaking away from the call of destiny and fearing betrayal, Lila makes a desperate escape in search of her lost beloved. The intensity between two ancient enemies ignites. The history of the wolf pack is revealed as devotion and desire in the underworld reaches fever pitch. If The Bite Doesn't Get You, Then the Fever Will Fever, the sequel to Forbidden further unfolds the tale of the heroine femme fatale, on her journey in the underworld between the lands of myth and reality

    Night Fall: What Rises must Fall (Wolf Sirens #3)

    Uncover what Happens after Dark in Shade... In the rainy valley the sky is covered by cloud as the Thunder God wars with his son, Apollo. As dusk descends the wolves haunt the forest. A crescent moon rises and all days are nights for the huntress, until the ancient battle is won. What lurks beneath the surface in the heartlands of myth and reality is a tale as insidious and devious as the wolves themselves. The sun has not yet set forever on a love that has defied time in a valley cursed for centuries. Lila has nothing to lose, except for the one thing that means everything. The unwilling heroine with a chip on her shoulder treads between two worlds on a path of inescapable fate that the Goddess has chosen for her. Lila must follow a dark path towards a war that no one can win. Suspicions rage as the fight takes her into the belly of the beast. Lives will be lost in a vicious clash. Who will be left standing after the fray? The hunter's legacy must be fulfilled in a vivid tale of heartbreak and betrayal as what rises must fall and those that have fallen must find the strength to rise again. No one will emerge unscathed

    Wolf Sirens #4 Dusk In Shade

    There is no escape from fate… Dark clouds gather as the legend continues. In the town where secrets lie and natural justice rules, the sirens have fallen – captured and defeated. The fate of the hunters is in the hands of the wolves. In the grip of the largest full moon in centuries the stakes climb higher. Aided by a thwarted enemy, Apollo unleashes a long-awaited plan to defeat Artemis once and for all. Wolf venom spreads across the Valley like a catastrophic virus. Those that Lila loves most must choose to take cover or go on the defense as the battle for supremacy reaches new heights. Bonds are tested as devastation and mistrust escalates to breaking point. The tumultuous relationship between wolves and hunters reaches a bloody climax. What will the huntress uncover and who will be lost in the cross fire? Lila combats a new breed of predator in a war that will ultimately decide the fate of Shade.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    pin