Today I am featuring Author Lisa Temple as a part of a virtual tour of her new book 'Illuminating Gracie'
She is Here with us and we will be having a lot of chit-chat but first let me introduce you to her
- Welcome to my blog and first of all please let me congratulate you for the grand success of your book. How does it feel like being such a successful Author and getting so many positive reviews
- Were you expecting this success while you were writing this book? or Did it came as a surprise
- In Your very first novel You have combined spiritual, paranormal, fantasy and young adult genre to craft such a beautiful novel. How did You make this impossible task possible with such florid clarity?
- You mentioned in Your summary “If you liked ‘Twilight’ and ‘The Hunger Games’, you will love the story of Gracie” how were You so confident about the success of this book?
- You have named each chapter of the book with an appropriate song title. Tell us something about it.
- Are You a plotter or a Pantser? How did it affect the course of the story?
- The book has Grace fighting against a demon in the world and her inner demons. Which is tougher of the two fights and more gruesome?
- Describe the characters 5 words each.
- In the book we see the old lady getting another opportunity “to do it all again..” if You got the same chance what are the changes that You would like to make?
- This story is about the growing up of Grace. How much of it has resemblance of You growing up?
- Could you describe to us the journey of writing this book? The parts you enjoyed the most, as well as the parts that were difficult?
- Thank You for being with us today
In reality, I believe the Lord put “Illuminating Gracie,” on my heart as a way to deal with losing my father. I took care of him throughout his last illness (Lou Gehrig’s Disease – ALS) and it was a difficult, difficult time. Writing became my safe harbor. He died in January of 2013. “Illuminating Gracie” was published a few months afterward. I couldn’t just go to bed with depression and that was a gift. If I hadn’t had the book, I probably would have fallen completely apart when he died. I believe in this way, “Illuminating Gracie” was my father’s final gift to me.
At 17 years old, Grace Bennett is a bitter young woman. Though blessed with a loving family, looks and brains to spare, she hides her light under a bushel, spending most of her time in the darkness of her mind with little more than sarcasm and self-pity to keep her company.
But things are about to change for Grace. While delivering food for her family's bed and breakfast, she turns onto a desolate dirt road and drives straight into her destiny.
It's on this isolated country lane that the damaged girl meets a strangely familiar old couple and two mysterious young men. Together the group fights the demons that surround Grace, and they teach her what it means to let her light shine.
"Illuminating Gracie" is, at once, a metaphorical tale of the fight between good and evil and a spiritual saga of one girl's journey from darkness into the light. If you liked "Twilight" and "The Hunger Games," you will love the story of Gracie.
Praise For Illuminating Gracie
Illuminating Gracie is a good young adult fantasy. It grabbed my interest from the beginning and flowed well. Lisa C. Temple’s writing is easy to read and I enjoy her sense of humor.
This is a can't put it down novel that is packed full of supernatural adventure and action, written in a down to earth style that will leave you anxiously awaiting this authors next book. I certainly hope there is one, and soon!
I could not put the book down. Every page brought a new twist and you couldn't wait to see what happened next. The book was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad she did. I have now passed it down to my daughter who can't seem to stop reading it. Amazing writing, amazing characters and an amazing story! I do hope there will be another one not to far behind!
a Rafflecopter giveaway