Today I'm delighted to welcome Falguni Kothari, author of It's your move, Wordfreak! ; Bootie and the Beast , to my blog. As you read her post, you'll probably guess what attracted me to her book.
Top 10 Things you need to know about Diya Beauty Mathur:
- She’s a super successful super model in super trouble.
- She’s loved the Beast since she was a baby. She’s been in love with him since he slow danced with her for her Sweet 16.
- She believes in many Gods, most fairy tales and the power of forgiveness. Oh, and horoscopes, talismans and a bunch of weird superstitions.
- She has a loyal, steady heart that often goes unnoticed behind her glitzy façade.Only the people closest to her see it and appreciate it.
- For her very first interview with M. Dixie of Pomp Adore, she was asked to name her favorite fairytale. Her answer was Beauty and the Beast. And that’s how the label “Beauty Mathur” came into existence.
- She can change a flat tire without the help of a carjack. That makes her more than just a vanity-struck girly girl.
- She was offered the lead role in a Bollywood movie but declined it on grounds that the script didn’t mention any pink costumes or adorable booties.
- Beauty Mathur’s fashion tip for the season: Pink is the new black. Listen to her, Dear Readers. She’s touted as the next Coco Chanel.
- The book she’s currently reading on her Kindle: Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned Series). Busy as she is, she manages to read a chapter every day.Kudos more fun than the Arabic smut that Hasaan forced her to read during Scheherazade’s worldwide publicity tour, she claims.
- Her personal mantra: Everything’s fair in love, war and haute couture.
Bootie and the Beast by Falguni Kothari
Diya Mathur (aka Beauty), celebrated supermodel and Party Princess of India, is adored by everyone. She works hard, plays hard, and has the biggest shoe fetish on the planet. But after she purchases one baby bootie, Diya's reputation is in ruins. There's only one place to escape the rumours - Texas, under the protection of her lifelong friend, and secret love, Krish Menon (aka the Beast).
Financial whizz-kid, CFO and entrepreneur, Krish is a brooding workaholic with a charisma that still brings Beauty Mathur to her knees. He has no idea, of course! They've shared a bond since childhood - a special friendship that thrives on sparring, teasing and goading - but with Diya back in his life and under his roof, Krish's latent desire for her explodes. And when he finally admits to the secret that has never allowed him to commit to any woman - especially Diya - everything changes. Krish might finally realise how much he wants his Beauty. But he won't get her until Diya has tamed her Beast.
Now, several manuscripts down, when she is not trying to find a way out of her many domestic duties or cajoling her Latin dance coach to compose a rumba on Bollywood music, she is found embroiled in some or other scandal—sorry, creating stories—on her ever-faithful laptop.
She’s authored Bootie and the Beast,It’s Your Move, Wordfreak! And Scrabbulous Impressions, a short story. She rumbasacross a whole smorgasbord of Social Media daily and loves to connect with most living things.