Tuesday 7 September 2021

Thank you Maa

Swimming in the water that drowns me
I was happy with my *solitude*
Then God gave me senses
I came to know
I was not alone
You were there with me
Your love will stay with me
I was a part of you 
I just couldn't wait to see you
Your love I can feel 
Palpating through your veins and me
I was a part of you and you were all mine
And nothing can do us apart then 
Then one day u visited ur family friend 
And I was hit by sounds again and again
I cursed God for giving me ears
I heard all that he said
I cried Ma Plz let me live
Let me breath and see the world 
Through me in a garbage once I m born
But Plz don't take what's mine alone
I knew You would fight for me
You promised to always protect me
Then I heard what u said 
And I decided never b born again
You told them this was not the first time
That this is ur constitutional right 
U wanted me gone
Coz I was a Girl to b born
Thank you mom for saving me 
From this world that I would never see
Don't worry I don't blame you 
I might have expected too much of you
I thought you would love and fight for me
But u were a slave to misogyny
These r my first and my last words
Something you would never heard
Waiting here for the knife to come 
Thinking of what I learnt 
Can you see me now 
See me with ur sound waves and ur guns
See as I wait for the instrument to come 
Look how my tiny hands r shivering
Look at me turning here and there
And now it has entered you 
Tried my best to stay away
But I always seems to find me anyway
I tried to grasp it with my hands
But they r too tiny for that
Plz mom save me if u can
In my last breath I ask you to love me again 
My shoulders r pierced and grabbed
Look at my lips shivering in fear
My cry u never hear
M kicking all I can 
Trying to hold on to anything I get
And here comes the pull 
Good by world here I come






"Congratulations Abortion was successful no complications 
Don't worry Mrs Verma at 20 wks it's legal and child feels nothing
Next time try to do these things early though"


Dr Sanchit Bhandari
Insta @drsanchit2212

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin